Saturday, 26 September 2015

JEFF LYNNE'S ELO: NEW RELEASES SET FOR CHART SUCCESS

Jeff Lynne's ELO: #3 [Amazon Best Sellers] and #1 [iTunes Top 40 UK Rock Songs] ...
Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! Judging by the above rankings at amazon and iTunes, the new Jeff Lynne's ELO single "When I Was A Boy" [out now] and album "Alone In The Universe" - released on Friday 13th November - look to be selling well thus ensuring that the ELO maestro will soon make a welcome return to the UK [and global] charts! Here are some ordering links for you to peruse and use [if you haven't already done so] thus:


ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] recommends and endorses both "When I Was A Boy" and "Alone In The Universe" by Jeff Lynne's ELO to those enlightened folks who enjoy the music of ELORoy WoodThe MoveThe Idle Race'Brum Beat'The Beatles and related artistes.

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 26-Sep-2015

5 comments:

  1. Isn't that just great to see? I know they are not official UK charts but it does show how well the ELO brand is selling. I remember back I think in 2007 being a part of the Showdown list's campaign to get Latitude 88 North into the chart but with no luck. I remember it being said at the time there was enough of us on the list to make it a top 10. I had never downloaded anything from iTunes before but I did sign up and download the tune. I must have been the only one at the time that did ...lol. Thinking back to 07 I don't think anyone of us over 40's knew how to do anything technical on the net at the time. I don't think its now any surprise that the rise of Facebook and Twitter have coincided with the rise of ELO. Very few people knew about the release of Zoom but everyone knows about Alone In The Universe after only a day or two from its announcement ..of course it does help when you have the wonderful talent that is Jeff Lynne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to hear,and sad that "Latitude",didn't get the sales it thoroughly deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.amazon.ca/gp/bestsellers/music/ref=sv_m_3/179-1363591-3328305

    top 10 on best sellers in Canada too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Midweek chart update.
    when I was a Boy not in top 100
    Although easily in the top 100 on iTunes and Amazon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Agreed. Selling well on both amazon and iTunes. I wish I understood the nuances of how they compile these charts ... KJS@ELOBF

    ReplyDelete