Thursday, 27 April 2017

ROBIN RETURN: ROY WOOD DECEMBER DATE CONFIRMED

Dr. Roy Wood at The Robin 2 in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 ...
Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! The Move, ELO and Wizzard founder (and, of course, recent RRHOF inducteeRoy Wood has been confirmed as returning with his Rock 'n' Roll Band for their much anticipated regular Christmas spectacular at The Robin 2 in Bilston near Wolverhampton on Tuesday 12th December. Advance tickets are priced at £20 (plus booking fee) and can be purchased via this link thus:

www.therobin.co.uk/whats_on/giginfo.asp?gigid=4991

elobeatlesforever (elobf) recommends Roy Wood to those enlightened folks who enjoy the music of ELOJeff LynneWizzardThe MoveThe Idle Race'Brum Beat'The Beatles and related artistes. I've already bought my ticket ... Have you?

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 27-Apr-2017

3 comments:

  1. I wish Roy Wood would come to the USA. I would love to see him in concert. I have a few nice Roy Wood concerts on tape though. One is the "Joint In The Woods" concert from New Jersey 9-16-74. That was taped by a friend of mine who went to the concert years ago. I also have a complete 90 minute Wizzard concert from Santa Monica, CA from 1974. I wish Roy would have done a album with Roy Wood's Helicopters. I really liked that band and the handful of singles they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And no news about his new album. It's a pity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want Woody to go back to the good old Bass, Lead , Rhythm Guitars and Drums sound like he did with the Move. And leave the Brass and nostalgia alone.

    ReplyDelete