Monday, 2 May 2016

BGO: NEW ORBIT FOR REMASTERED OUT OF THIS WORLD

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! Back in early October 2011, ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] played a small part in introducing fans of ELO/Jeff Lynne to Bubble Gum Orchestra [BGO] - the ELO influenced project of Texan singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Michael Laine Hildebrandt and their debut album "Out Of This World" thus:


The success that first BGO album was truly "Out Of This World" and it became the launch pad for three [3] more well crafted studio albums - including the wonderful single "ELO Forever" - with a fifth album "Sticky Love Songs" also on the horizon later this year. Much like ELO maestro Jeff Lynne did with "Mr. Blue Sky" in 2012, MLH felt that his debut LP needed revisiting and rebooting so - after a lot of care and attention - a remastered and remixed "Out Of This World" is being released tomorrow. Yours Truly KJS contacted Mike earlier today and asked the BGO maestro as to what was the story behind his new, improved OOTW:

"Five years since the release of our first album, "Out Of This World", I decided it was time to go back into Blue Violin Studios to freshen it up - make it sound more like I initially wanted it to and how it really deserved to be. I had another engineer working with me back then and upon refection, I felt that some of the decision making back then ultimately did not live up to the standards of how I wanted my songs to be audibly represented. I went through every second of every song and remixed it. Subtle changes mostly but sometimes a subtle change can make a huge difference. I basically warmed up the sound especially on the vocals and backing vocals. I made my Warwick bass guitar drive the rhythm of the songs more and really enhanced the orchestration. I did not want to change the integrity of how I initially wrote them so I kept all the songs pretty much the way they were. I did however add a couple of cool things in "Night In Shangri-La" and "Reversible Relationships". All the songs now sound bigger, warmer and basically they rock more! It was a fun three month adventure going back and revisiting OOTW. Once finished, it went to Billy Stull at Masterpiece Mastering where he did his magic and gave it the finished, polished sound that I wanted. I love the finished results, I love listening to it now and I hope you will also!" - MLH, May 2016
"Out Of This World" by Bubble Gum Orchestra is released on Tuesday 3rd May 2016 and can be purchased as a signed CD and album download via this link thus:


You can find out more about BGO and Michael Laine Hildebrandt via these links thus:


ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] recommends "Out Of This World" by Bubble Gum Orchestra to those enlightened folks who enjoy the music of ELO & Jeff LynneRoy WoodThe MoveThe Idle Race'Brum Beat'The Beatles and related artistes.

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] universe ... KJS ... 02-May-2016

3 comments: