Saturday, 26 September 2015

STATE OF BIND: AN ELO STORY DISCOVERY

Much loved: The Electric Light Orchestra Story by Bev Bevan ...
Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! When  ELO were at their commercial peak in 1980, fans of the magnificent seven rushed out to buy Bev Bevan's marvellous autobiographical book "The Electric Light Orchestra Story" [Mushroom Publishing; ISBN 0-907394-00-0; ISBN 0-907394-01-9]. And Yours Truly KJS was one of them!
Repeat Read: I wish I was back at page 65?
Unfortunately, my prized hardback copy later went missing during a home relocation in the early nineties so I bought a paperback copy - or "Limp Edition" as it was termed - to replace it at a record fair thereafter. However, when I got it home, I discovered something interesting. Pages 65 through to 80 appeared twice in succession and pages 81 through to 96 were completely missing!
Second Time Around: Pages 81-96 are missing ...
ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] would like to know if any fellow ELO fans and/or regular visitors to ELOBF have also come across this misprint? Many thanx in advance!

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 26-Sep-2015

5 comments:

  1. Mine was (is!) complete although the binding was loose on my copy as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx for coming back to me Ian! Could this be a rarity? You never know! KJS@ELOBF :-)

      Delete
    2. Could well be although I think I'd prefer a complete copy!

      Delete
  2. I have a softcover and mine is complete...keep a hold of that one, any differences to the norm can only be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a softcover and mine is complete...keep a hold of that one, any differences to the norm can only be a good thing! However the missing pages..there looks to be a gap where they were like theyv'e been removed once. But the repeat pages are different altogether

    ReplyDelete