Friday, 13 March 2015

PART II TRACKS FEATURE IN KRIEGSMAN PROMO TRAILERS

Michael Kriegsman ponders his "One Of Us" Kickstarter campaign ...
Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! ELO super fan Jeff Cooper has kindly alerted ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] to an interesting Kickstarter campaign which features music by ELO Part II within the scores of these two promotional trailers for the project. Louis Clark's wonderful "Moment Of Truth [Overture]" composition features on one trailer with a re-worked "Hello Hello" - featuring Parthenon Huxley and Gordon Townsend from The Orchestra [former member of ELO & ELO Part II] - on the other. You may recall that "Hello Hello" was originally the opening track of the first Electric Light Orchestra Part Two album back in 1991, credited to Eric Troyer, Bev Bevan, Pete Haycock and Neil Lockwood.

The man behind the project is Michael Kriegsman who has written and produced movie and TV trailers for the likes of The DaVinci Code, The X-Files, Family Guy, 2012, 21 Jump Street, Despicable Me, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Fast & Furious 5, Ice Age, It's Complicated, Men In Black 3, Napoleon Dynamite, Pineapple Express, Spider Man 3 and Pirates Of The Caribbean amongst not a few others. Michael explained the reasons behind his choice of music for the trailers thus:

"I first listened to Louis Clark's "Moment of Truth Overture" in 1994. Frankly, I've never stopped. I play it at home; at work; in the car - parked and driving; and to my family, friends and people I barely know. And I always play it LOUD! I grew up on classical music and - with respect to Beethoven and Brahms - I find Louis' Overture more stirring than any orchestral piece I've ever heard. It is cinematic. It makes movies in your head. In '94, the internet didn’t have kinetic neon websites that screamed "LOOK AT ME!!!"" We had Usenet where text did all the talking. On one ELO forum some astute member wrote something like "... when I listen to The Moment of Truth Overture I picture Peter Cushing's Dr. Van Helsing chasing Christopher Lee's Dracula across the steepled rooftops of old London in one of those Hammer horror movies from the early '70s." BINGO. I did, too! That post validated my feelings. If that [person] is reading this, Thank you! For 20 years I tried unsuccessfully to find a home for the MOT Overture in movie trailers and TV spots I've produced. When it came time to score my own promo trailer for my graphic novel, One of Us: The Making of Tod Browning's "Freaks", not only did I have the perfect score in mind, it was already playing in the background. LOUD. Thank you, Louis, for delivering a soundtrack that compels my imagination to run alongside Dr. Van Helsing across those dark gothic rooftops with every listen. Your score has also inspired a million new scenes and adventures of my own. I'm forever grateful".

The aim of the Kickstarter campaign is to fund the first issue in a series of four graphic novels that will focus on the real story behind the making of Tod Browning's 1932 movie "Freaks". The goal is $12,000 with over $3,000 raised and twelve days to go, at the time of writing. Further information can be found via these web sites thus:

makingfreaks.com

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 13-March-2015

No comments:

Post a Comment