Friday, 13 January 2012

RECOMMENDED [1]: ELO MY FAVOURITE BAND [Gee Sunray]

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! I am always pleased to highlight those talented musicians out there in the ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] universe who either re-interpret or are influenced by or even compose music about [surprisingly enough!] ELO! And this week I have come across a great new tribute song to all things ELO by a Leeds based musician [and DJ] whose name is Gee Sunray, who wrote a song last month entitled "ELO My Favourite Band" and performed it last week on the streets of Leeds.

The whole thing was recorded on video and posted on YouTube the other day [see above] and Gee hopes to carry out a formal recording of the song soon. Here are Gee's [copyrighted] lyrics for you to peruse thus:

"There was a band from Birmingham, They played classical rock,
Jeff Lynne wrote the songs, Bev played the drums,
Kelly was on the bass, Richard played the piano,
Mik Kaminski on the violin, Mel and Hugh on the cellos,
This is a song about my favourite band and they are called ELO.

They tour the world in their space ship all the way from Birmingham,
They toured the world and even played to uncle Sam,
They toured the world a classical band from Birmingham.

Roll Over Beethoven, Rock 'n' Roll Is King,
One Summers Dream, that's want Jeff sings,
Hold On Tight to that Livin' Thing,
There's gonna be a Showdown with that Wild West Hero,
Horace Wimp sent a Secret Message on the Telephone Line,
Just Shine A Little Love and you will be Above The Clouds,
Saying ELO Mr. Blue Sky, It was Xanadu,
This is a song about my favourite band and they are called ELO.

They tour the world in their space ship all the way from Birmingham,
They toured the world and even played to uncle Sam,
They toured the world a classical band from Birmingham.

I'm Alive, Don't Walk Away,
There's Confusion and Don't Bring Me Down,
I got a Ticket To The Moon and I Can't Get It Out My Head,
It's been 20 years since the band packed up,
Good music lives on and on and people still play their songs,
This a song of my favourite band and there called ELO

They tour the world in their space ship all the way from Birmingham,
They toured the world and even played to uncle Sam,
They toured the world a classical band from Birmingham."
~ Copyright © 2011 Gee Ray ~

Update @ 26/04/12: Gee has now made the above song available to download from both amazon.co.uk and iTunes. Why not support this ELO loving musician thus:

amazon.co.uk/gee-sunray/elo-my favourite-band
itunes.apple.com/gee-sunray/elo-my-favourite-band

Yours Truly KJS thinks that you'll agree that Gee's song and lyrics are both truthful; ingenious and give great honour to Jeff Lynne and his ELO song legacy. ELO Beatles Forever [ELOBF] is happy to support and promote independent musicians like Gee Sunray who ply their trade in the ELO [and related artistes] universe.

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 13-Jan-2012

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Keith for the mention. However I have written further more songs about E.L.O - Hey Mr Jeff Lynne (E.L.O), i got my E.L.O tickets, A song for Jeff Lynne, Who do you see behind your glasses and The bands is coming into town. Should I make a album. Let me know ?

    ReplyDelete