Monday, 6 June 2011

SLEEVE SEMANTICS

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! A couple of weeks ago on Saturday 21st May, I posted this article about the then forthcoming re-release of the 2005 compilation "All Over The World" thus: ALL OVER THE WORLD ... AGAIN!

Yours Truly KJS did [finally] decide to order the CD from amazon.co.uk prior to my Devonian adventure last week and I was looking forward to having a look at it upon my return. I guess I expected a new updated CD booklet with the multi-ELO spaceship et al. But I have to say that I was disappointed to make the "Discovery" that - in effect - the package contained the full 2005 CD [albeit remastered with minor tweaks] within a cardboard sleeve depicting said multi-ELO spaceship design. Having said that, enough ELO fans bought it in its first week of release for it to re-enter and attain a quite respectable #22 in the UK album chart!

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 06-June-2011

No comments:

Post a Comment