Tuesday, 10 August 2010

PROLOGUE: TURN TO STONE

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! A friend asked me the other day: "What was it that got you interested in the Electric Light Orchestra [ELO]?" Well, I do remember my older brother Bob playing "A New World Record" [Jet/UA #UAG30017] quite a lot back in the day and I also remember when he got his copy of "Out Of The Blue" [Jet/UA #UAR100] in late 1977. Yours Truly KJS also remembers putting on his headphones and hearing "Sweet Is The Night" at far too high a volume!

But the real deal started when I bought my first ever record, a 7" single. It was "Turn To Stone" [Jet/UA #UP36313] and ironically enough I think I played the 'B' side "Mister Kingdom" more than the 'A' side! Then it was "Mr. Blue Sky" [Jet/UA #UP36342] b/w "One Summer Dream" on blue vinyl. That was when I think I got hooked. And when all the other kids took their toys into Junior school at the end of the summer term, I took my ELO records! And I was not even ten [10] years old so I guess I've always been an ELOnorak folks - but not before I was an "ELO Kiddie" ...

Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 10-Aug-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment