Saturday, 28 November 2009

RECOMMENDED: CASTING CROWNS

Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! I'm sure that most of you who know me; know that I love the music of the Electric Light Orchestra [ELO]. But you may not know that I also follow and love the music of not a few Christian contemporary artistes. Specifically Michael W. SmithCrystal LewisMercy Me and the excellent Newsboys. One of those other fave bands that I have a lot of time for are Casting Crowns. Their new album "Until The Whole World Hears" landed in the post earlier this week and, as usual, it is a great offering. Great lyrics, nice guitar work and an impressive overall package. Yours Truly KJS has bought most of their releases to date - without realizing it! I'm not always an ELOnorak you see ...

Until the Whole World Hears [2009]   Peace On Earth [2008]
Lifesong Live [2006]   Lifesong [2005]

Some of their songs/performances have more than touched a nerve and ministered to me. The first song that got my attention was "Voice Of Truth". My suggestion: Check 'em out!
Until next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 28-Nov-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment