Wednesday, 29 April 2009

ELO: THE MUSICAL


Hello ... Hello ... my old friends ... It's great to see you once again! Yours Truly KJS has some [hopefully] interesting news hot on the heels of the recent revelation that the Broadway musical version of "Xanadu" may be coming to London's West End [keeping the songs but ditching the film script] hot on the heels of the huge success of "Mamma Mia!"

While I was on vacation in Egypt last week, I got to chatting to one or two folks on varying subjects [those of you who know me will not be surprised at that]. Jim - an Evertonian from Mold in North Wales -  introduced himself when he saw me wearing one of my ELO Part II tour T-shirts around the hotel. We got to talking about the music of ELO and also the ELOesque sound of the reformed Take That. He then revealed to me his long time ambition to pen a musical written around the music of ELO and asked me what eighteen [18] tracks I would recommend.
I surprised him by selecting a couple of ELO Part II songs "Honest Men" and "Power Of A Million Lights" as well as a couple of album tracks so that there would be a few surprises and eye-openers. Hopefully, he'll be in touch with me soon and I'll let you know of any progress. You just never know what will happen in life from one day to the next. Maybe Jim will put something together in good "Time" with a good plot  to bring the music of ELO to a new audience.

ntil next "Time" in the ELO [and related] Universe ... KJS ... 29-Apr-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment